FactoryTalk ME Confirm Dialog Dialogue

mrmss

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey!

I have a client spec which reads as follows:

"Pop-ups shall be activated by the operator selecting the required icon. From the pop- up all operator actions must be followed by a confirmation, to enable the desired action; thus at least two keystrokes are required, to avoid accidental actuation of equipment."

Has anyone implemented a FactoryTalk ME project which can throw up a 'yes/no' dialog rather than just do the action? Sounds simple but I want also have to keep the dialogues standard so I am trying to do it properly with GlobalObjects and Parameter Files etc.

After hours of cursing FactoryTalk ME, I think I have found a way to do this by using Global Connections to display the confirmation dialogue once the user presses a control button on the HMI. I must have been through every single feature!

I will post specifics when I have time, its a fairly tidy solution but I only just met this requirement by the skin of my teeth!

It's much easier in SE, but you should be able to do it in ME in a similar way...

Every button requiring confirmation is a go to display button, which calls a pop up window. The pop up window has four components:

1. Generic "Confirm Operation" header
2. Local message display, with the Value connection set to #1
3. Confirm button, which is a macro button. The macro writes 1 to #2, and also writes 1 to your "close all on top displays" global connection tag
4. Cancel button, which is actually a Close Display button

Then for each of your go to display buttons that call the popup, you assign a parameter file which gives the message number for #1, and the pushbutton tag in the PLC to #2.

Two gotchas: make sure you reset both the PB tag in the PLC, and the "close all on top displays" global connection back to zero afterward. The HMI will not do that for you.

Use Close Display button

Just set this up on mine:

1. Make a popup page
  2. Put two close display buttons. One for Yes and one for No
  3. Add a connection to the Yes button to write to a tag, 0 or 1

This might be a new feature. Done in v8.2, compiled back to 6.10

Hope this helps any future googlers.

Just set this up on mine:

1. Make a popup page
  2. Put two close display buttons. One for Yes and one for No
  3. Add a connection to the Yes button to write to a tag, 0 or 1

This might be a new feature. Done in v8.2, compiled back to 6.10

Hope this helps any future googlers.

I'm just tried the above on ME. How do you add a connection to the "Close Display" button to write to a tag?

Thanks,
Jamie