FT ME Image Browser

Adam303

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi Friends, I downloaded a project file from one of the HMI at work and it has some grafics in the "Image Browse" that I like to use on another project. The issue is how do I copy the image browser library from the orginal project to a library in the new project. See attached image.

FTME.jpg

Hi Friends, I downloaded a project file from one of the HMI at work and it has some grafics in the "Image Browse" that I like to use on another project. The issue is how do I copy the image browser library from the orginal project to a library in the new project. See attached image.

You don't mention what HMI package you're using, but I'm assuming you have the type which does not give you the option of picking from a location on your computer, because I assume you've already tried that. Some HMI programs require you to put images you want to use in a particular folder - find the location of the program under "Program Files" (under Windows 7 at least) and see if you can locate it from there. Sometimes they can be found under "shared documents" for SCADA packages.

The images shown in the above snapshot do not exist on the hard drive of the computer. I can only access them in the particular application/project.
You don't mention what HMI package you're using
I using factory talk 5.0 .I want to import the images to the file folder on the pc from the existing project, and use them in another project.

Last edited:
I will call the project that has the images that you want Project A and Project B will be the project you want to Add the images to.
Open project A Images folder and copy the images you want then open project B Images folder and paste them into the images folder.
Right click project B images folder and click Add Component Into Application....Then drill down to Images folder of project B and select the components to add.
There is probably an easier way but this should do what you need.

Hope this helps