No plc thing..:(

theripley

Hi,

As the title suggests, this is a "noplcthing" question. This thread regards to intersecting two identical laser beam. As I was looking thru the net, researching for results of two beams (with same frequency) intersect & its outcome, I decided to post it instead.

I have two identical laser beam sensor (both through-beam) that needs to be installed in a cross-manner. My definition for cross-manner is that both beam intersects @ a single point. Will this create interference? If so, what kind of interference?

Hi,

As the title suggests, this is a "noplcthing" question. This thread regards to intersecting two identical laser beam. As I was looking thru the net, researching for results of two beams (with same frequency) intersect & its outcome, I decided to post it instead.

I have two identical laser beam sensor (both through-beam) that needs to be installed in a cross-manner. My definition for cross-manner is that both beam intersects @ a single point. Will this create interference? If so, what kind of interference?

Isn't that a time machine?

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...sg=AFQjCNFt2Mkvdp2vS9hPi7EeSeHWfPyjAw&cad=rja

Im not trying to make a time machine, that's definite:) well, I was just concerned that if both identical laser beam sensor collides at a certain point, one or both beam may become weak that it can no longer detect presence or absence of object.

I was trying to test it using two colliding beams of photoelectric, the result was one beam becomes weaker when collided with the other beam. I'm not sure with the laser, i think the latter has stronger beam than the former.