FactoryTalk (ME) footer

MAIDEL

Hello everyone, I am M.AIDEL automation engineer in France and I have some problem to manage something in FactoryTalk Machine Edition :

I would like to have in my project a footer on each view (date, alarms, menu, current user, ...), I have searched on the net some solutions and I didn't find something for it only the following post on this website :

http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?p=411267

I tried to launch a macro on startup but I was blocked because I don't know how to call a pop-up view (for my footer) thanks to the macro.

Thank you for reading, ...

See you.

(PS: I am beginner in rockwell softwares)

Last edited:
Hi & welcome to the forum.

Have a look at the help files on "Global Objects"

Try creating your footer by creating a new display under "Global Objects" and then drawing/placing on the display what you want to be on your footer.

When you are happy with the look of your footer, copy and paste it to any display that you have created under the "Displays" tab.

This way, if you need to change your footer, you only change it at one place..

Ian

Thank you for your quick answer, I tried to find a way to do this like in WinCC Flexible with the "Model View" to avoid copy/paste everywhere but this is not possible like I see.

Thank you again for your quick reply (y).

What I didn't mention was that you can duplicate a display screen, once you are happy with the footer/layout etc

Right click in the left window pane on a existing screen and there is an option there to duplicate the screen.

But still create your footer in the Global Objects in case you need to change it later..

Last edited:
There are Several Solutions on page 21 of this site. Thread is titled Footer in Factory Talk. You might find your solution there. One answer envolves Docking Commands.

I just noticed you have seen that thread

Last edited:
Hello, and thank you everyone for your replies

1) about :

There are Several Solutions on page 21 of this site. Thread is titled Footer in Factory Talk. You might find your solution there.

I have seen one interesting solution :

Think of the FactoryTalk View Client as a container that can contain multiple graphics boxes.

For the sake of argument, let's say your display is 1440 x 900 pixels.

You could create a navigation bar of 1440 x 60 pixels that appears always at the position [0, 840]. This will make it appear at the bottom of the screen.

All the rest of your general-purpose displays, make them display at [0,0] and be of size 1440 x 840. They'll use up the rest of the "container" and share the space with the "footer" display.

When an Alarm or other "pop-up" that doesn't need the navigation bar is opened, make its size 1440 x 900 and it will simply hide the navigation bar until the "pop-up" is closed.

You only need to open the "footer" once, when the project starts. It will remain open and visible any time there's nothing displayed over the top of it..

but I didn't know how a macro can call a "On Top Display" on startup. I have just noticed that the version 5.0 (which I have) doesn't allow to call a "On Top Display" according a "display number" but the 5.1 is able to do it.

2)and about :

One answer envolves Docking Commands.

This is for FactoryTalk SE only, isn'it?

Last edited: