DirectSOFT question: Momentary HMI button Latching logic

KNeland

I have been working on a new project and it requires using DirectSOFT 5 into the automation direct PLC(205). I would like to use some of the standard practices I have used with Logix stuff but I am having trouble with even simple things.
For one...I would like to latch a bit on and Off using momentary switches on our HMI as opposed to "latching" switches. The simple few rungs I would normally use (coming from an AllenBradly perspective) don't work, or behave the same. There are simple things that are "not allowed" with the DS5.....that I could do with Logix...

Does anybody have a solution using these parameters? I utilize the Directsoft equivalence of the "oneshot" ...it is a singlescan-rising open contact thing that is addressed directly to the bit from the momentary HMI switch...no problem there...
My problem comes from what is "allowed" at the end of the rung....like having 2 branches each with an output....I would like to include an NC contact next to the bottom output...but that isn't "allowed" with this software it seems....

I have been left to slog through this software and just figure it out along the way...however with the limited experience I have in general and that only with Logix, I am finding a bit of frustration.

Thanks in advance,

Kyle

I would like to use some of the standard practices I have used with Logix stuff but I am having trouble with even simple things.

Have you tried Bernie Carlton's site?
http://www.theplcguy.com/ABtoAD/Introduction.htm

Does anybody have a solution using these parameters? I utilize the Directsoft equivalence of the "oneshot" ...it is a singlescan-rising open contact thing that is addressed directly to the bit from the momentary HMI switch...no problem there...

There is also the "PD coil" see my pic. You can use the contact from a PD coil any where and it will be a one shot. And my clumsy attempt to explain the "and above a join" error

aboveanjoin.jpg

Awesome

Thanks for the "pointer" to Bernie's site.....That guy is an absolute treasure, and the info I am reading concerning AB to AD migration is priceless...

Thanks again

Kyle