Hi, need help on Omron CP1E

abangmamat

Hi there, i am new here. need some help on above. It's been years since i've done plc programming. lost track. now my new boss wanted to make a small verticle / horizontal cylinder machine. please help me get started. i am loss. thanks

what part you need help with?
is it existing machine or you are making something from scratch?
in general, there are various tasks that need to be done:
- decide what controls are needed and how many
- making I/O list,
- determine program type (batch, sequence etc.)
- make alarm list
- make list of any other signals (communication, handshaking)
- becoming familiar with the hardware (reading datasheets) and software (what version you have there).
- specifying safety requirements and choosing safety circuit
- selecting hardware, generating BOM, electrical drawings, ordering parts
- planing and implementing (programming)
- building panel, inspection, power-up check
- performing i/o check, and fixing any hardware issues
- debugging (fixing any software issues)
- writing documentation (manuals etc.)

Don't waste your time with the CP1E, get a CP1L model with at least 20 I/O instead. The small added cost of the CP1L provides far greater functionality than the CP1E!!