Drive Explorer Help

The Plc Kid

Working at our sister plant today and tring to help them with some backups. They have drive explorer V6.02.99.

I can't seem to find a users manual on the ab website all i find is a getting started guide and it does not cover much.

Using the trial by fire method i was able to connect and upload drive parameters from all drives but when i try to open them offline nothing happens. Surely you can open the files for viewing without being connected to the drive?

ofcourse you can open the files when you are offline. Did u save the paramters on the pc. Try using the help menu and read the instructions there. Hope that helps

It's another name game at ab. They called it drive exploder, then drive tools, then drive executive, and some other name IIRC...not much differences among them. We have Drive Executive, but half the stuff in the install was labelled Drive Tools...

I believe that Drive Exploder Lite doesn't allow you to work with files offline. The licensed version does allow this. In some of the odler versions of explorer lite, you could simply open the files it created with a good text editor like notepad++ and do what you wanted with them

A/B figured out they were giving away too much power so newer versions changed the file saving mechanism so that it was not so easy to use the free version to do things like comparing files and so forth.

I don't know the exact rev level at which they changed that.

OKIE

this is the curent version and it is the paid version not the Lite. The files saved were .csf ectension. Tried to open in notepad but it is just a bunch of garbage.

I see no way in the drive explorer software to open a file.

Yep, according to Bernie's chart, you didn't pay enough for that kind of luxury. You need drive executive (or the old old free version of Drive Explorer Lite that lets you cheat).