PV 1250 Plus help

bigrthanur

The PV is using ethernet to communicate to a compaclogix controller. From What I am told it is faulting out with a CCI CCO....something like that fault. I have never seen it but it gives the PLC IP addy with this fault. Is this some kind of communication lost to the PLC?

Anyone have any idea's?

Thanks

Could it be a "CIP" error ? That's the Rockwell "Common Industrial Protocol" that the PanelView Plus uses to communicate with Logix-family controllers.

Without a precise error code or message there's very little anyone can suggest other than, "yes, it's some kind of communication error".

The usual questions apply: Has anything in the terminal or the controller changed lately ? Does the error appear when a specific display is shown, or at startup of the PanelView, or randomly ?

Yes it very well could be a CIP error but No one ever writes it down they just cycle power. I am thinking that the network is getting flooded by other equipment being added in the plant.

Yes it very well could be a CIP error but No one ever writes it down they just cycle power. I am thinking that the network is getting flooded by other equipment being added in the plant.

Slight possibility, but more likely the networking infrastructure isn't in very good shape....
Unmanaged switches (or worse, Hubs) everywhere, misconfigured switches/routers, devices not set for ONLY AutoNegotiate....
BAD CABLE (I used to see all the time a "Legacy" piece of poor quality CAT3 used for 100base TX /shudder.
BAD CABLE TERMINATIONS: Don't crimp an 8P8C connector on the end of a piece of solid wire cable. Get a decent receptacle block or patch panel, and punch down the cable into an honest to goodness IDC connector designed for it. Use a commercial patch cord (preferably stranded) after that.

Troubleshoot, isolate the problem down. Plug the PV+ right into the PLC Ethernet adapter, still have the problem?