FactoryTalk View 5.1 on windows 7

I am using it right now on 32 bit Enterprise. I'd recommend installing all of the different versions of .NET framework (1.1SP1, 2.0, 3.5).

What issue are you running into?

I have also run 5.1 in Win7 without issues (32-bit only). 5.1 supports Vista, and generally if something works in Vista, it should work in Win7 also. Generally!

OG

I know this is an old thread but I have a similar problem. I'm trying to install FactoryTalk 5.1. Client on Windows 7 (professional 32-bit) mashine. Installation passed normaly but opening a Client application results in error : "The software version of server [HMI server name] on computer [server name] is not compatible with this client. Unable to load the server."

Server is running Windows server 2003 sp2.

Has anybody had this issue? Is there a way to resolve it?

Last edited:
Kind of confused as to why you would be running this on a server os. but make sure you have .net installed and also try to run the application in compatibility mode for xpsp3 or sp2.

I noticed that i have diferent versions of FT services platform installed on HMI server (CPR9 sr1) and my client (CPR 9 sr2). Will try to downgrade it.