Good quality kits

Hi to all,
I love electronics and PLCs, but the test equipment can be very expensive for quality equipment such as digital oscilloscopes, function generators, power supplies etc. To save money and have good quality equipment, I was wondering if any of you know where I could get reasonably priced good quality kits around the neighborhood of $100 to $300. I have a lot of patients and enjoy putting things together. Thank you for your help.

Sincerely:
Maintenance Man o_O

Dangerous Prototypes (http://dangerousprototypes.com/) has their "Bus Pirate" which can be used as a *very* low speed scope (it all depends on what you need it for), it goes for $30 and shipping is free IIRC.

They also have their "Open Workbench Logic Sniffer" which looks to be a very capable (for the $50 price) logic analyser.

Another option is the ARM DSO, which isn't a kit, but an iPod sized 1Msps (about 100khz analog max) for about $80 with shipping from ebay.

Neither one of these is suitable for anything serious (as a scope), but it would be kind of cool to be able to carry around a scope in my shirt pocket. :)

Beware the sites that advertise it as a 2Msps scope. Supposedly a new firmware update is supposed to provide that performance, but it's been months with no firmware upgrade.