Pricing for a drive application

venix

Hello,
I'm curious about how do You quote for an application with motor drives.

Now I quote based on my own intuitiono_O.

Uhhh...like you quote everything else?

Hardware: Your_Cost + Your_Markup = Hardware price.
Engineering: Estimated hours for design, programming, drawing, testing, whatever * hourly_rate

Base quote = Hardware + Engineering.
Adders might be installation assistance, or commissioning assitance.

Of course I bear in mind the hardware cost(all of us is tryingto make profit).

Another factor wich I consider is the application complexity.

But yes, this hour based method is better.

Thank You rdrast for your quick reply.

I hope you're self employed! It would be unfair to ruin a business otherwise.

Far away from me this thought.
I think the competition is good for both the client and supplier.

Some client want once 2 big projects.We took only one and I was sad about that.When I'm looking back now I'm glad that we have to do just one because I don't think we could make them on-time.

Best regards,
Venix