Powerflex 70 VFD

junior

I'm looking to get a powerflex 70 vfd and I need with an internal brake resistor and a RIO comm module. The distributor tells me that with the resistor and comm module options, the delivery is 8 - 10 weeks. I can get the VFD in 3 - 4 weeks if I buy it without the options and it looks like the same time frame I can buy the comm module and brake resistor as accessories.

I'm wondering if I buy everything separately if I can assemble the parts into the VFD with no issues and save my self some delivery time. or is it not that straight forward to add the accessories to the drive?

I've not used the brake resistor, but from reading the user manual it doesn't mention the installation being difficult "Limited duty resistors mount directly to the back surface of the drive and require no extra panel space. Internal resistors are non-destructive and do not require a resistor overheat external safety circuit."

The comm module is easy to install too. It just screws to the inside of the front cover and comes with a ribbon cable to connect to the drive.

I have gone completely away from purchasing configured drives for the very reason you list. Adding anything to a PF70 that is listed as a field installable option is pretty easy.

Keith