Mitsubishi GX Developer & comments

Hi Dave,
What are you using for communication - RS232,USB or Ethernet?

1. Open GX Developer
2. Goto 'Online' tab then select 'Read from PLC'
3. Select PLC series - Q series in your case.
4. Transfer setup window will appear - configure your connection route then use 'connection test' to check your settings
5. On successful test click 'OK'
6. Next a window will appear with program,comment,network etc
7. tick boxes for program,comment & network and execute, on successful transfer untick the above and tick device memory and execute

If you are lucky the original program will have been downloaded with comments - i'm yet to see one.

Good Luck!

Hello,

I believe the comments that are stored on the PLC, (if indeed they were stored there), will only contain 16 characters even though the PLC will allow you to enter 32 characters. So if the comment were stored you will still have to decipher some that may have been more than 16 characters.

Dave