ML1200 on ethernet

shoelesscraig

I'm pretty sure I don't have any options...but just want to make sure. I have Micrologix 1200 with 1 com port on it (round 9 pin). This port is currently being used to connect to a Parker touchscreen. I would like to add the processor to our ethernet network. Do I have any way of doing so?

As far as I know, the touchscreen has no extra ports on it. I am planning on changing the ML out to something that has ethernet already built in such as a ML1400 if I have to, but I just thought I would ask to see if I'm missing something.

Or AB's port splitter. Note I have not used this product, but the manual seems to indicate it might work.

Port splitter!? Port splitter?! I didn't know such a thing existed! Thanks guys, that may be the route to go.

Of course, by the time I buy the port splitter (which probably isn't cheap) and then I add a NET-ENI (which will be around the $800 mark), I could probably change out to a ML1400 for the same price. I can get the 1400 I want for about $800.

But regardless, thanks for the info!

The digi-one IAP is cheaper than the NET-ENI and will do everything it can do except send emails AFAIK.

Noted! I like saving money...(even if its not exactly mine...hopefully me looking out for my company will pay returns in the future!)

Thanks!

If you can split the port (I’ve heard bad things about doing this) then I’d use Data-Linc Group’s Net620 (http://www.data-linc.com/custom.htm). I’m not much of a fan of the company anymore but the product is good. It’s easier to use and more stable than the NET-ENI. With that said, you are much better off upgrading to a MicroLogix 1400.

Perhaps the Digi-one IAP could be the bridge. It has two serial ports and ethernet and works a lot like the NET-ENI. I have not had to use both serial ports on one though, but it might be worth a try.

http://www.digi.com/pdf/fs_passthruport.pdf

Changing the Parker to a G3 might be another way to get it done too.

ive used the digi like this in a test setup and it worked perfectly.