MP277 won't communicate over ethernet

Sinc_green

Hi, first Siemens project.

I have an S7-315 2PN/NP processor and an 8" MP277 HMI. It had been running fine before I touched it, I added 200-300 tags bringing the total to 500+, 12 screens bringing it up to 20, and say 40 animations up from 0.

During development I get the "too many power tags" message a lot, but a colleague told me not to worry about it, and I've read that it shouldn't stop me from running. It seems to randomly jump between 500 and 2000?

When it didn't work, I configured it in netpro (it wasn't before), HMI IE to the PLC, IP addresses are correct. I reconnected tags - a lot had orange symbol fields that are now gone. I can ping both nodes, but replaced the ethernet cable anyways.

When I use the runtime HMI on my laptop using the same wthernet cable it works perfectly.

When I download it for the first time it seems like it works for a few minutes, I can read and update PLC tags. Then it runs out of steam and doesn't work at all despite disconnecting, reconnecting, powering off etc.

The other items on the network are a Bosch drive with a pair of wireless modules to bridge between it and the unmanaged DLink switch.

Thanks,

When I download it for the first time it seems like it works for a few minutes, I can read and update PLC tags. Then it runs out of steam and doesn't work at all despite disconnecting, reconnecting, powering off etc.
Powering off ?
I think the panel is defective.

Sorry, I should have said "cycling power". The HMI doesn't power off by itself.

It is looking more like a defect though. I stripped the HMI file bare but for 2 screens and 10 tags, one of which was a timer. It counted for a few minutes then froze, and everything went # # # #.

I do remember now that I had to flash the OS on the HMI before downloading...I am running WinCC Flexible 2008 SP2. There is someone onsite that has a laptop loaded by Siemens, maybe if I had him flash it and download...

"cycling power", you mean it reboots. Still sounds as something is wrong with the panel hardware.

WinCC Flex will ask to do an OS Update if necessary. If it doesnt ask, then it isnt necessary.