From OP27 to OP277

randy

Supporting Member
I would like to change our HMI OP27 (Configured w\ProTool)to OP277 (Configured with WinCC Flex). The current HIM is on the Profibus network and I would like to replace it with the new OP277 6". The original file for the OP27 was configured with ProTool and needs to be converted to the WinCC format. In WinCC will it convert the complete project with all the tags intact? In the Simatic Manager do I simply delete the OP27 from the Profibus network and configure the new OP277?

Just want to made sure because this is one of our main production lines.

Thanks

rmonroe

Randy

Generally it does a pretty good job. Ive had to mess around with fonts..etc.. on some conversions, some area pointer stuff can be a pain too
Basically you just open the .pdb(?) in Flex and it converts it.
Is this project integrated with Step7> (not that it matters)
Do you have Flex and what version?
PM me with and I can try to convert for you if you want.

JRW, I do have to ProTool file and yes I will send you the file to convert.

Ver. WinCC flexible 2008 SP1.