output 0-20 ladder logic

DrWeld

I need to output in 4 steps 4, 8, 12, 16 Ma to control rotating device. I have a input window and have the plc values in 4 registers, R1,2,3,4 etc. I am using a 4 in 4out current ezautomation card and plc. I am having a problem getting any output. I feel I am forgetting some logic interpting the plc value and sending to output 2.
Any help would be appreiciated.
Thank you

For almost any PLC the procedure is to load a value in raw data, 0-4095 or 0-32000 or such, into a register that corresponds to the output address of the I/O channel. You generally have to configure the channel to be 0-20 mA or 4-20 mA or whaterver.

If you give the exact manufacturer and model of PLC someone here can probably give you specific instructions.

I thank you for your quick response.

model number ezp-s8c-fs-plc, the clip in card is 4ani4anoc.
The card is set for 0-20 currently. Using a extech cmm-17 calibrator, I do not get any output. appartantly I am not understanding how to input that value in the proper place.
Thanks for the help!!

Answer

Had to brush some of the rust off my brain.
Thanks for the response.

Here is my solution.
I set a timer to count up at set speed, I aniciated the timer on startup with output I1. I used the move data instruction and placed the data from the timer count into the O2 register. Set the timer count for 0-4095 for 12 bit at 4020, yea short of exact.Not full power. As the counter counts up the output increases at the same rate only from 0-20mA no scaling required. The 12 bit register only accepts 0-4095.
Works great. If you need seperate ramps and soaks, this may be the best way. Timers only
Tim