SCADA Software

ssembo

Hello, i am not sure if am doing the right thing asking for software on his forum but am sorry i ran out of choice.

I am currently programming a PLC with siemens step 7 using ladder for a particular purpose as part of my project. I am failing to come up with the right program simply because i have no idea of how SCADA software works and yet my simulation will have to be done with that hence the program should correspond.

I hereby kindly request for some Citect or winCC software which i can use for power systems and i try to adjust my program accordingly.

Please thanks in advance.

This is a very proper forum to ask about SCADA software. I'm sure many will help in a search for appropriated software and understanding.

But your posting sounds like a request for free software. Requesting free copies of commercial software is not acceptable. If this was not you intent I apologize.

Please be more specific as to your request.

Requesting free copies of commercial software is not acceptable. If this was not you intent I apologize.

thanks for your response. i was not aware of that but at the moment i would be happy if i get some reading material about winCC software. i guess it wil give me a clear view of what i will need to involve in my PLC program.

Thanks

If you are using WinCC (or any SCADA software) then normally the PLC software comes first and the SCADA software after? The SCADA software (or any HMI software) is normally just a way to interact with the PLC and visualise on the screen what's going on in the PLC etc. I can't see how you can create a project that has to use WinCC without having the software?

Hello, i am not sure if am doing the right thing asking for software on his forum but am sorry i ran out of choice.

I am currently programming a PLC with siemens step 7 using ladder for a particular purpose as part of my project. I am failing to come up with the right program simply because i have no idea of how SCADA software works and yet my simulation will have to be done with that hence the program should correspond.

I hereby kindly request for some Citect or winCC software which i can use for power systems and i try to adjust my program accordingly.

Please thanks in advance.
A thread here discusses a free HMI software if thats what your looking for.
It looked pretty good but haven't really played with it much
http://www.plctalk.net/qanda/showthread.php?t=42656&highlight=free+hmi

thanks for your response. i was not aware of that but at the moment i would be happy if i get some reading material about winCC software. i guess it wil give me a clear view of what i will need to involve in my PLC program.

Thanks

OK, sounds like you have the right attitude. If you want actual SCADA software to experiment with and understand what's going on, then Citect allow you to download a free copy to play with. It has severe limits so you can't use it for a real project without paying, but if you are the type to learn via experimentation then you should get what you want out of it. Wonderware also does this, but I recall you have to get them to send you CDs rather than downloading.

Start here:
http://www.citect.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1457&Itemid=1314