Crimson 3.0 Widget Strategy

OkiePC

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have an application that is perfect for me to try to learn to "widgetize".

I have several questions.

1) Since I already have all of the objects tied to tags, what part of the widget structure should I edit after I widgetize?

1a) Would it be better to start with the folder structure (which I also have), and get that into a certain format first?

2) Can a widget encompass a folder of pages, or span multiple pages? For example, can each widget have it's own custom alarm and help pages?

I have one unit pretty much detailed out, and it would be really cool to have a full blown King Air Unit model in my resource pane. I only need four of them for this PLC upgrade, but we have 4 more on two more controllers, and it's generic but detailed, meaning I built it with good tag linked structure, but I am a little unclear on whether to attack the widgetization from the tags angle, or graphically and drill into the objects.

I did a save as, then created a widget, but when I poked around in the results, I felt a little lost...

Any widgeteers out there in Crimson Land?

EDIT: Jeff, I made that Logo with Paint.net too in about ten minutes.www.getpaint.net It's almost as simple to use as pbrush or paint, but has layers and utilities like photoshop for rendering and adjustments which can be local to a rectangular or oval selection (or the smart wand...it has that too...) it also boasts lots of ways to create excellent images in multiple save as formats, including the pdn file which retains all the layer information.

Last edited:
I still think that the widgets need a little bit of work, to make them more user friendly. By far, the most useful part of the widget, is if you are binding them to a folder. You have folders with the same data for multiple equipment. Then when you insert the widget, you only have to update the folder. I tried using the details page, but still prefer to use arrays, and have an index to show the page.

Paul Dan helped me do a widget once and it was easy but I bet h has done one or two of them.

What made you think I was going to ask how that was made 🍻

:)

found an error in the manual...

I think I can go about it either way, but I had a hard time figuring out how to add it to the resource pane.

Now that I have that part done, I can drag and drop a new instance of it onto a new page, and see that I should do a few things to make it more generic, by embedding folder bound text to the object name and tag structure...

Yes, this isn't so bad, perhaps I can put together a tutorial after I get this done.

Now I can simply edit my tag folder structure, bind it, and see the effects on the widget...cool...very cool...

Crimson Manual Error Sheet 152 Page 158.png

Last edited: