Wonderware Intouch 10.1 Help

drip

Hello, I am new to wonderware and have started to teach myself after some experience with WinCC and AB HMI software. I have taught myself to make an application and such, but now I am in the process of downloading it to the HMI and setting up the connection. Where and how do I do this? I am looking for some way to create a runtime, but cannot find anything.
I have watching a couple tutorials on linking the touch screens buttons created to a PLC that I defined and then the tags which should help me out, but if anyone can provide any help on these 2 issues or provide a link to some help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks alot!

I am in the process of downloading it to the HMI and setting up the connection
Wonderware is a windoze based application. It can be used with a touchscreen, but this would have to run be runnning a version of windoze.
Setting up the connection depends a lot on what you are trying to connect to? The most common method is a DAS server, but as I said, this depends a lot on what type of device you have.

I am looking for some way to create a runtime, but cannot find anything.
This is the easy part, it can be done directly from the development environment. There is a 'button' at the top left labelled 'runtime', clicking this compiles the application & puts it into run mode.

Sorry I was not more specific early, I am using a Simatic Touch Panel (OP177B). I am not sure how to transfer or get the runtime over to this screen instead of my PLC.
I can get the run time to run on my windows computer in which I made the HMI, but I do not know how to transfer the run time to the Simatic Panel and run it.

Thanks again!

You are right, it is a fairly easy task. The first order of business is to:

1. Install InTouch WindowViewer. This is fairly straight forward, accept the defaults. The install will ask you to create a Local Admin account, which is used NOT as a user account, but for the purpose of starting necessary services. I would recommend using the SAME user name and password you used on your development machine
2. Install the appropriate license file to enable WindowViewer. I will assume you have this, and that you will not have to use your development license file to run Viewer.
3. Using whatever medium is available, transfer the InTouch application directory to the Simatic Panel. Use a short file path for your sanity instead of dropping it into a User file directory.
4. Open InTouch Application Manager, do a "Find Application" and navigate to where you copied the application. It will be looking for the Tagname.x file.
5. Once found, it will show up in the menu... then you can select WindowViewer and it should run.
6. At this point, I would place a shortcut to windowViewer in the Startup directory to ensure that WindowViewer starts after a reboot.
7. You may also have to install the DAServer (device communication software). This piece of software ties the tagnames to PLC registers in your PLC (assuming it's a SIEMENS PLC) InTouch tags communicate by pointing the IO Tag to an Access Name, and Topic Name, which then points to the DAServer. The "Topic Name" is linked to a specific PLC node. Ensure that the proper node names are configure in the Access Name.

These steps assumes that you want something easy... there are features that can help you make you application manageable, such as (NAD) Network Application Development... which menas when you change your MASTER application, you can notify your NAD client that a change was made... then dynamically deploy the change.

I hope this helped... I had to make a few assumptions. Many times it may be more complicated... like if you were using Profibus versus Ethernet protocol. Post any follow-up questions here, or contact your local Wonderware Distributor tech support.

Last edited:
hmmm... after reading your post again, I may not have addressed your "real" question:

Let's try this...

First order:

1. What are you communicating with. Based on that answer, you will select, and install the appropriate DAServer.
2. Once installed, you will have to configure the DAServer from the SMC (System Management Console) to communicate with the device. One DAServer can commincate to many "like" devices, so each device (PLC) will have a unique identifier (called a Topic Name).
3. Once this is complete, your next task is to create a TAG inside of WindowMaker. Depnding on what data point you will access in the PLC, you will select the appropriate IO Type Tag. Once you configure the tag details, you will see a field called "Item Name". In this field, you will enter the PLC register that correlates to this value.
4. Then, create an Access Name... which essentailly tells that tagname EXACTLY how to get to the proper PLC. It starts by asking WHERE is the DAServer installed. THEN, once the request gets to the proper PC where the DAS is running, you will tell it the proper DAServer Name. This field the the executable name that you would see in Task Manager for that DAServer... type it in without the .exe
5. Now that the tagname knows WHERE the PC is that is running the DAServer... AND, it nows knows WHICH DAServer to go to, the last part of the Access Name is the TOPIC Name. You MUST enter the topic name from the DAServer EXACTLY.
6. NOW... the Tagname knows exactly how to get to the proper PLC to get the result of the Item Name assigned to it.

7. PHEW. I'm not EVEN gonna go back and read that... For what its worth, you will be able to find this in the User Manual help file for InTouch.... go to HELP on the WindowMaker Menu... or press F1

You want to run Wonderware on a Siemens OP177B ?

Sorry, AFAIK it is programmed with WinCC Flexable. What lead you to believe that Wonderware will run on it ?

Wonderware requires a PC to run on. Well, IIRC they (WW) do make a stand alone terminal, non-pc, that uses WinCE.

Thanks Dave2,
I am knew to wonderware and assumed that a runtime could be transferred over to the panel.
No big deal its a small application I can rewrite it in Wincc, much appreciated! Explains why I could not figure it out lol.