S7-300 - Cp340

Hi
I've got a CP340 (RS232) module and the SF red LED is permanently on.
Any reasons why this happens? Interrogating the module tells me all is ok.
I've checked the module revision and re-downloaded the hardware config without luck.
Suggestions welcome.

Paul

Parrafin Power

The only thing that comes to mind here is have you connected the cable between the CP340 and it communications partner? I do know that if the CP340 is not connected to a partner then the SF fault LED is lit.

Paul

Paul (this could get confusing)

I have just had a read through the CP340 manual and the only other thing they mention is the 'point to point paramatization', this is done by selecting object properties and clicking the parameter button. I assume you will have to do this online, as when I checked this in hardware config screen it was greyed out. Unfortunately I don't have a CP340 to hand to test this with.

Hope this helps

Paul

sorted

Paul^2
Thanks for your help. What it needed was the memory card deleting and the hardware config downloading again. Apparently, some stuff can remain on the card.
Once again, thanks for your help.

Paul