iFix & Panelview?!?

bruceschaller

I have a bid in front of me that specs Panelview Hardware and only iFIX or Wonderware SCADA HMI software. Is this even possible? My iFIX vendor sounded very skeptical. It's for a water project. Any thoughts??

Bruce

They might mean "VersaView" hardware; those are A-B industrial PCs.

The only possible way I could think of using a PanelView to display iFix or Wonderware is to get the "CE" version and use it for a remote desktop. Ordinary PanelView Plus terminals only run FactoryTalk View ME.

Otherwise it sounds like a bad copy/paste job by a consultant. The multibillion dollar wastewater job in my county still contains unresolvable specification conflicts, six years after the spec was issued.

Did they mean Panelview for hardware based HMI and iFix for a separate SCADA?

I really like iFix so far just from drilling into some other-bodies app.