Compactlogix and BootP

WilsonNC

I am trying to use bootp to set an ip address in a new Compactlogix 1769-L35 processor. I have a pc running bootp and its connected thru a switch to the compactlogix. I dont see the link lights on the plc or the switch, and dont see any mac adresses in bootp. Tried other ports on the switch that I know work...nothing. Keyswitch in any special position? What am I missing here?

Go Online with the CPU thru the serial port and try to set the IP address. Also is this a new processor?(out of the box)

Shouldn't the link light come on regardless? I manually keyed in the MAC address in bootp, then selected enable bootp. says "timed out"

Agreed: No link LED = no Ethernet connection. Bad cable, bad switch port, bad controller port are all possibilities.

My bad, power supply setting was not switched over to 120VAC. I removed this from a built panel so I never checked it..... Bootp working fine now.