RSLogix produce/consume ENet question

Softy

Hello,
I am working on a ControlLogix project using RSlogix version 17 (software and flashed firmware). This will eventually have to talk over Ethernet to an older ControlLogix which is revision 11. Are there any restrictions on utilising the produce/consume data over Ethernet between ControlLogix flashed to different levels? (CLogix each have an ENBT card installed).

TIAo_O

I don't think so.....

I'll flash my L1 to Rev 11 and check...

Yes, I thought it was OK.

Confirmed.....

I have L62 in Slot 0 and L1 in Slot 5 and Produced/Consumed data over the backplane all works as it should, and if it works over the backplane it should be ok over EtherNet, or ControlNet.

I agree both in principle and experience with daba; ControlLogix Produced/Consumed Tags do not check processor type or revision.

There are two exceptions to this general rule, which won't affect you but I want to mention.

In later versions of RSLogix 5000, the option to use a Unicast connection over EtherNet/IP was added. I think this was in v16.

Also, the option to add a Connection EntryStatus DINT to the first element of a Produced UDT type tag was added. I think this was in v17.

Obviously neither of these features will be supported by a v11 controller. Ordinary Produced/Consumed functionality will work fine.