anyone know about direct soft 32

• Thread starter kotten, richard Student
  • Start date

kotten, richard Student

K
how does a drum work in the program or what do you use to select three outputs and not use a pattern. im in school and have to program a skeet claypigion shooter that will throw three seperate settings of pigions without knowing which will it will throw. (ex. the shuffle button on any radio with a cd player. that effect)

A tall order for a student

Seems you need a random generator, technically that isnt possible but close has been accomplished by many here. Do a search on this site using the words "random generator"..without the " of course.

A drum is a sequence...ie creates action in a preset sequence. Look at what I suggested then take a shot at writing the code, if you have problems then you can zip your DirectSoft32 file and upload it here. Many have the software and can look at it to offer suggestions.

This is the best way to get assistance if you need it once you start doing the program.

It sounds like what you're looking for is three repeatable patterns offered in a random sequence. Is this correct?

If we can assume the thrower will be activated by someone responding to the command PULL!, then a .01 second time base free running timer preset to 3 would work. Take the accumulated value of the timer at the time the button is pressed, add one to it (or otherwise decode it) and use that result to select one of three drums to activate. Use the decoded information as an event to kickstart the drum off of the first step and the time function of the drum to control dwell time in each step thereafter.

P.S. Keep in mind there are at least 387 ways to do this! :D