ControlLogix Controller Firmware

syd_b

Hi,
how can i know which firmware version does the ControlLogix 5000 have. I don´t have the source code.

Thanks

Thanks for the answer,

But I have another question. If I have for example Rslogix5000 version13 and then install version15. Version13 doesn´t get erased? or if I have version14 and then install version13, v15 get erased?

I asked this because I read that depending on the firmware version of the source code, is the version of rslogix5000 I need to have. If I have RSLogixv15 and want to open a v13 source code i need to instal v13?

Thanks

You have to use the software version that matches the version the project is created in.

You can individually install any version, and they will co-exist happily on the PC, even to the extent that if you Open a Project File in RSLogix5000, it will automatically detect the version of the project, and "switch" the software to match it.

When you install any version, you will be asked if you want to install all previous versions that you don't have installed.

My RSLogix5000 has installed the following versions...

10, 11, 12, 13, 15, 16, 17, and 18

Note that version 14 was a "special" version, and wasn't distributed generally, but to one client only.

I'm sure someone will jump in and highlight if there are any issues with installing earlier versions than you already have.