Schneider M258 help (SoMachine)

Clevername

Hi All,
Being new to PLC's and self taught I have a few questions. I've been given a task to create a simple box folding machine which I have posted about before.

I now have the hardware, a m258, a 4" HMI controller, and a 12" HMI touch panel. Being new I was curious how fast this thing could update so I ran a pulse generator into the "fast input" module while driving a "fast" output from that. The output seems to not update though a scope if I run the input up about 8ms. Is this normal for a fast input that is designed for an encoder? I wouldn't think so as 125hz isn't very fast.

I have set the MAST speed as freewheeling and priority 0. I'm not sure how to speed it up, if possible at all.

Second question,

I understand how to share variables between the m258 and the HMI, but not from HMI to HMI if that makes any sense. I use the symbol configuration for PLC -> HMI but don't see an option for the latter.

Any help would be fantastic.