RSView via Serial Cable

afoley

I am having a really hard time with what I thought would be really easy...(Does that sound familiar to anyone?).
I simply want to connect RSView to a SLC 5/04 via the RS232 port. I configured the driver in RSLinx, RSWho shows me the Processor, I set up the Channel in RSVIew, then the Node, again RSWho shows the processor, but at runtime RSView says the Driver is not configured....what am I missing?

FYI

I don't know what version of RSLInx you have but RSLinx Lite won't run RSView.

Bob

Thanks a lot, Bob O.
I hadn't thought of that and it may be the problem, I have RSLinx Pro on my laptop, but I may have Lite on the PC I am trying this on...I'll check this out later. Meanwhile any other ideas on what I should check, if that should not be the case.