SLC 5/05 replacement to 64 bit

SPARKYMG

Could someone help me with a procedure to change out a 32 bit SLC 5/05 to a 64 bit SLC 5/05 processor ? I am new to the process. The manual is confusing at first glance with so many different options for configuration. The processor is connected on ethernet. I figure, I upload the exisiting program to my laptop, power down the chassis, replace the processor, power up the new processor, set-up the channel 1 configuration I.P. address, subnet, gateway, establish communication and upload the program. Am I correct here or am I totally off base. If someone could give me a procedure I'd really appreciate it. Thanks alot and your forum is great and very informative. Cheers

The designation is the memory size in kilobytes, not the data length of the CPU.

It's actually extremely simple:

1. Upload the existing program.
2. Change the Processor Type from 1747-L552 to 1747-L553.
3. Download the new program.

When you change the processor type, check the Firmware Revision of the new controller; you may need to select a newer Firmware Revision or Operating System. The newest selection should read "OS502 Series C FRN10 or newer".

In SLC-5/05 controllers the user program contains all of the communication channel settings including the IP address and the BOOTP/DHCP selection.

In RSLinx Classic software, all you need to do is create an Ethernet Devices driver with the IP address of the controller, or create an EtherNet/IP driver and just let it browse.

Thanks alot Ken for your help. I need to have a look at the program to see where I change the processor type and firmware revision. I will let you know how I make out. I really appreciate the help.

Thanks alot Ken for your help. I need to have a look at the program to see where I change the processor type and firmware revision. I will let you know how I make out. I really appreciate the help.

Look under Project Tree- Controller Properties. See picture below.

properties.JPG

In the Project Organizer, expand the Controller Folder and select Controller Properties.

In the first (General) tab, click the drop-down menu and you can select the controller part number.

Because the same part number has been used for several different controller capability levels, you'll see that the part number is followed by the Operating System (OS500, OS501, OS502), a Series Letter (for the OS itself) and a range of Revisions.

The current OS Number, OS Series Letter, and Firmware Revision should all be on a sticker on the side of the SLC-5/05 controller.