PLC-5 Address/Symbles miss during Online

AB2005

Dear Friends,

I have a PLC-5 at one of our machine. The HMI PC has PLC program with proper address/symbols through which I go online to check. My practice is that I open the original file then go to comms>>system communication>>, select the PLC and then click on button "online". Now problem is that some time system go online with address/symblos and some time not. I am confusing why it is being happen. Please help me to avoid this problem.

Last edited:
You mention nothing of an error for file mismatch so you are probably choosing the online now option.
If you use the go online now option you won't see the error for the file mismatch. Even when the files do match , I have never seen the database load when the Online now is selected.

http://samplecode.rockwellautomatio...ments/gr/lg5-gr002_-en-p.pdf#page=56 zoom=118
RSLogix 5 now provides a feature for going online more quickly
called Online Now. System communications must be configured.
Select Comms > Online Now. If the offline program file is
different from that in the processor, the processor file is uploaded
automatically. The database is not loaded and x-ref is disabled. More
information is available in the online help.

IMPORTANT ALL USERS! Following an online edit or project download the Enhanced PLC5 processor must generate the processor checksum. The checksum generation is performed as a background processor task. The calculation can take seconds or minutes to complete. If you perform a save during the checksum calculation it is likely that you will be forced to upload the processor project the next time you Go Online. RSLogix 5 r3.22.00 or later warns you of this possibility if the checksum is being generated when you attempt to save the project.
Enhanced PLC5 processors series E revision D or later contain an enhancement that generates the checksum during the download.