Rslogix 5000 help

stu

Hi guys
I have got a 4 vacuum pumps controlling a few machines
Which we would like to control from a plc (compactlogix)
, I have a few ideas but need a steering in the right direction
, at the moment I have got a signal from each machine to energise
The soft start contactor ( to start the vacuum pump ) what we thought we could do is if all the vac pipe where joined together with manual valves if one pump failed, we could use and other pump? But we could change the controls over via a plc and hmi? That bit I can work out the next bit I will struggle,
Running timers?? I would like to add running timers to spread the running wear? So if a pump was running for about 19 hours? Next time it starts a different pump will start, any ideas on how I could do this thanks
Stu

Thanks for you response, I do have function block
In my rslogix 5000, do I have to write a tot instruction for each
Pump?, do you have a copy of one that is set up so I can see how it's been done.
Thanks for your time stu

Here is a simple example. I hope it helps. It also shows the use of the totalizer target to signal that it is time to do maintenance on a pump. Once you are totalizing pump hours you should be able to use simple comparisons to determine which pumps have the most and least hours. Good luck.

edit:
Added a screen shot of part of the function block diagram so that anyone without FB language extension can see. There are four blocks like the one shown.

A030411-1.JPG

Attachments

• HourTotalizing.zip
    94.7 KB · Views: 35
Last edited: