1794-ASB to PLC-5/40e

cnorm5623

Hi
we are trying to add a 1794-asb to a plc-5/40e and not having much luck. so far we are stuck when trying to auto config the rack in the plc-5. we get the error :make sure I/O Status file exists: but we have added the I/O status file in S:16 so not sure what is going on.

currently we are just trying to hook it up to our test lab to get it going. we are on channel 1B on the PLC 5. umm let me know what else ya need to know. we are having server problems right now so i cant access the program but soon as i can i will get more info

It would help someone help you if you could post your PLC program ( .RSP file) zip it first.
Also post the dip switch settings of your 1794-ASB. And modules connected to the ASB
( complete catalog numbers).

Proper termination resistors, both ends. Double check wiring.

You can automatically configure the scan list if programming online.

To automatically configure the scan list:

1 Make sure the processor is in remote program or program mode.
2 Make sure the I/O data tables are large enough to handle the configured addresses, as the auto configuration operation will not resize them.
3 Make sure you have defined an I/O status file.
4 Make sure you have accepted any edits you have made to the channel configuration.
5 Click Auto Config. The system polls the devices on the I/O network and configures the scan list. If some or all of the adapters are not shown on the scan list, make sure they are powered, that they are properly connected to the correct channel, and that their hardware settings are correct.

Note: Automatic configuration displays the actual hardware configuration, except for racks that have their global inhibit bit set. In this case, the global rack inhibit overrides the automatic configuration.

© 1997 Rockwell Software Inc.

Last edited: