Modicon 984-685 programming software

There currently are not a lot of good programming options for the 984 PLC.

The Schneider software for programming the Modicon 984 is Proworx32. Proworx32 is lousy software, its got a lot of bugs, its slow, and it suffers from an attention deficit disorder when online. Its been quite a while since the last release, making me suspect there won't be any more.

A third party company, FasTrak has programming software for the 984. That software is quite a bit better than Proworx32, but its got its own problems, not the least of which is the occasional blue screen. Its the one I use now.

The best software for the 984 is ProWorx NXT. However that version is no longer sold. You might be able to find a used licence for sale. NXT is Win95 software and while it worked with the original XP, it won't play well with XP service pack 2.

All of those software packages require the use of an activation code or dongle, so be careful if you buy a used version of NXT - you won't be able to legally activate it unless you can transfer the registration of it with Schneider.

You may find difficulties in getting US software companies to ship software to China. There are laws that regulate how software is exported, and while its possible, most companies just decide not to export rather than run the bureaucratic gauntlet. Since Schneider is a European company you may be able to get it through other countries.

Good luck.
http://www.fast-soft.com/page.php?22