Discontinued LED display

zerotact

Long story short, the parts aren't available from the vendor anymore. It's simply a 6 digit 7 segment LED display. I have the print so I know what is coming out of the PLC.

Before I re-invent the wheel and make one up from scratch. Whats the easiest way to take these 5VDC signals and turn them into a display?

Also, I have a " latch " and an RB0 and RB1
Is that too generic, or what are these 3 pins?

The "latch" is to freeze the display value on that digit, so you can remove the data, typically used when multiplexing the data to the multiple digits. The BCD data is connected to all digits simultaneously, and each "latch" is taken low to "strobe in" the data to the display digit. This reduces the number of outputs needed to drive multi-digit displays.

RBO and RBI are "Ripple Blanking Out" and "Ripple Blanking In" - these are used to provide leading zero suppression.

RBI on a digit is connected to RBO of the next left-hand (more significant) digit, the most significant digit RBI is tied to a "1". The RBO of the least significant digit is left unconnected.

Last edited: