Siemens LOGO! 12/24RC question

prosteneni

Hello, I want to buy Siemens LOGO! 12/24RC 6ED1 052-1MD00-0BA6. I need to control temperature of liquid by 2 state regulation(on/off) of an electric cooker (not more than 2000W). This PLC has analog input to which I would connect a thermometer and relay output which can take 10A. Is it possible to connect straight to LOGO output 230V AC from the electric socket?
My second question is if it has timers etc. and the ability to do this task: First I want to keep the temperature at 30°C for 30minute, then raise to 50°C and keep for another 30 minutes and the same with 70° and 80°C.
Thank you all for answers.

If you buy the 230VAC LOGO you can connect it directly to a 230VAC socket.
Yes it has timers.

I suggest you buy a starter kit, then you get the programing software and cable.

Hi, to be honestly, I think you are better of buying a "real" PLC.
LOGO is more a smart relay. Good to simple tasks an not so
great then it gets a little complicated. The LOGO can do the job
but you don´t have PID or any thin.

How tight of a temperature tolerance do you need? With on/off control it may not be close enough. Then you would need a true PID controller.
Are you needing to do addtional sequence type controlling? If not I would use a simple process controller like Honeywell, Eurotherm, or whatever with ramp/soak functions. They may not handle the 10A load but you could use an SSR that would.
What kind of thermometer signal? From a transmitter?

First only the 12/24 Vdc logo's have analog input 4 in total.
The 230vac has di/do no analog.
There is a basic PID function in the latest series 6 + 7 .
It would do what you require but you are always better putting a contactor or big relay between the load and smart relay/PLC.

This plc has 4 analog inputs 0-10V so I would buy some thermometer with this output voltage. And I need the temperature to be +-2°C at these temperatures.

I've previously used a logo for a humidity level monitor for a controlled room. As the guys mentioned in the post it's not greatly functional but if you’re only performing simple tasks it'll be fine.

There are tools in the program to perform scaling of the analogue input signals so it should be fine. I guess why spend a packet on a full plc when the logo will do the job OK.

It,ll do the job but you need to install a seperate contactor for the heater relay, I would,nt connect a large power draw directly to the Logo !! the temp control is pretty straight forward and the logo is more that capable of controlling it to within the desired level.

As previously mentioned, buy the starter pack with the software and cable, along with that there are several examples within the software you could look at.

Regards

JV

Duh... just seen this is an old thread from March !!!!!!!!

Last edited: