Citect help

joigunni

Supporting Member
I need a little help. When I rum my program in Citect I want to be able to do some settings, for example, of variables in the calculation, or do calibrate of meters, then save the changes so next time I run the program, these settings are used.
Actually I want to be able to go into set-ups when the program is running and make any changes to the parameters, save them, and let the program use these new settings now and ever after the program is runing. How to perform this, can I use the device section to upload the changes to a text file and next time the application is started then it opens a text file and delivers the information to variables.

Look into disk variables
Treated as a PLC but stored on local disk from one execution to the next
I think that you only have access if citect is running.

Other option is to have a database device with the setting stored *.dbf
but you have to control when the values are copied to/from the dbf into memory variables for calculation use
As it is a dbf you can use excel to modify the values

Last edited:
Hi MichaelG

I'm trying to use the database approach.
Is my step right, first create a database, than enable device (pointing to the database), then make a formula in Cicode .
I created a database in dbase III and it was saved under "DATA" (pict1)
I then activate the Device (pict2)
I then made cicode (pict3)
then made a button that calls cicode
but I'm obviously doing something wrong, at least not active, nothing was saved in database.

pict1.jpg pict2.JPG pict3.JPG

Look at the Citect Example Project and Help for the Device functions
Example project - Look at recipe

The will be a Devopen, DevGetField, DevSetField, DevNext, DevPrev, DevClose

this is for a database

If you want to be simpler then use a txt file with you own formatting for values