RSEmulate/SoftLogix

echos

Hi everyone

I have been searching for the answer for over an hour for this one. Are RSEmulate and SoftLogix the very same thing and just a different name? Basically I have a PLC5 program that i want to emulate, draw backs of RSEmulate i have discovered are no PID or MSG instructions so i am doing some research on SoftLogix. Is softlogix a better version of RSEmulate 5? Can softlogix do Msg/PID for PLC5?? Also i can only find info. on SoftLogix 5800, i take it this will only work with ControlLogix?? or will this also work with PLC5?

Thanks in advance

There are 3 products...
RSEmulate5 - For PLC5 systems
RSEmulate500 - For SLC/Micrologix systems
RSEmulate5000 - For Logix5000 (ControlLogix, GuardLogix, CompactLogix, FlexLogix, DriveLogix) systems

SoftLogix is a member of the Logix5000 family.

RSEmulate5000 is a (cut-down) version of SoftLogix

There is actually a SoftLogix5 program as well. That can be used to run real applications with communications to real remote I/O. You even have some options for running external code you do not get with a real PLC-5.

RSEmulate5 is intended for testing your code. It cannot talk to real I/O and as you have discovered there are some instructions it is unable to emulate.

In the PLC-5 family these two products really are more different than they are in the Logix 5000 family.

OG