Webserver with opc

aradhonline

I have kepserver and visual basic running in my small plant . And i have taken an internet connection recently.What is the best and cheap method so that i can monitor values from a remote place through internet . HTML is enough and without any creepy graphics..:unsure:

What kind of PLC are you connecting to? Are you running an OPC-UA version of Kepserver?

The Ignition OPC-UA server is free. It includes a web based "quick client" that allows you to read and write PLC registers from your web browser. This can provide a good way for you as an integrator/admin/etc to check up on your system. I wouldn't recommend using it for the rest of the staff, low level operators, etc. Ignition natively supports AB ethernet and modbus only - that's why I asked about the UA version of Kepserver.

No we are still having OPC-DA kepserver . I have also tried ignition ..But it was not free ..Is the client version free of cost ?

Ignition has free components. The OPC-UA server is free if you're connecting to a compatible device. What kind of PLC are you connecting to?

Once you connect, the "gateway" (configuration web page) has a built in "quick client" that allows you to read/write PLC values from your web browser.