20 comm c M-S input/output parameter

ldrewes

I am having problems trying to write to my 20commc adapter.
I am trying to set the M-S input/output parameters to datalink A. On doing so i get an error saying that there is a write failure. It won't accept the parameter change. The comm module is on a powerflex 70. The drive is in program mode. Any help with why it wouldn't be accepting this parameter would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Even though the controller is in Program Mode, the I/O Connection is still in an "established" state and it won't allow you to change parameters that affect the I/O size. The error message probably has a code 0x0C or 12 (decimal) indicating "object state conflict".

The way I would go about it is to Inhibit the I/O connection (or disconnect the 20-COMM-C from the network, if you are working from the keypad), then make the changes to the parameters, then change the I/O Connection configuration in RSLogix 5000 to match.

Thanks for the advice. I dont know how but i was able to get it to change in drive executive while logix 5000 had the processor set to remote program????? Either way i have them changed now. Thanks again