Hardware configuration

panthripu

The system data contains the hardware configuration , right ?
I have a PLC , siemens S7 400 which is working now.Due to some reasons i want to change the program in this project(project1)with another program.
I have another project(project2) where i have all the block without hardward configuration.
If all delete all the block from project1 excluding system data blocks and copy all the blocks from project2 excluding the system data blocks and use in project1.Is there any problem or I should take care of some other things.
Note : program in project1 and project2 is almost same. Only some modified logics are there in project2 written in better way.

Yes you can do what you suggest.

Some advices:
1. Make an archive of the actual system before you do the changes. Then you can retreive the original if something goes wrong.
2. Next time you want to do such changes, do a 'Save as ...'
and work on the new (or old) copy.

Kalle