Communication with Simatic TP170A

VITAL99

Could not established the connection with TP170A
The software I am using are Windows XP SP2, Simatic ProTool ver. 6.0 SP2 and Simatic Prosave ver 7.0.0.1
What are the possible causes of this problem ? Kindly help me out. Thank you

Vital

Have you set the communications setup to the port you want it to communicate through if the TP170 is multport you have to edit its settings and tell it whether you are connecting it to a serial port /MPI/DP etc

Dear STL
Thank you for your reply..

i am using Simatic TP170A with Siemens PLC (CPU 313C-2DP) and configured the serial port RS232 (IF1A PLC/Download) of TP170A with my laptop through USB to Serial adapter (DB-9) for communication, but no response,

Vital

The usb to serial adapter may be the problem, I had this issue while working abroad. I had an S7-200 and TP170A and the laptop only had USB ports. In the end I needed 2 usb to serial adapters as one only worked on the plc and the other only worked on the HMI.
Get another USB adapter by a different manufacturer than the one you have preferably a well known maker and try it again. I believe the issue lays with how good the driver is for the adapter and how well developed it is.

Hello DeepThought,
I don 't understand what you did to save the configuration of the Panel, from two USB adapter, I know that the subject is a little dated but you remember adapters you used? I'm new and student, and I study now a method to save data from TP170A panel with PLC S7-300 and my PC with only an HDMI port and USB ...

Sorry for my English ...

I await the answer to this one, is there the ability to use a HDMl port as a comport to (RS232) serial adaptor? (l know, l should just what for someone to answer properly, but it's 1 am and the port working)

Thank you very much, it's very kind of you :)
But if HDMI doesn't work, I would like to know how to deal with USB if possible :)
Thx.
It is 17pm for me ^^

I see the Gurus are now awake and on-line and should be able to help you and me to learn.
I miss interrupted your question and l now see you where asking if you can use an HDMI port.
I believe the answer will be no.

Thank you for your help, I just want to know it, because I think that we will all use the HDMI in the future,
Moreover, I have not understood the comments of DeepThrought, why we should use 2 USB??
And which driver he has used for TP170A?
Thx^^

I found my happiness^^

Mini PROFIBUS sur passerelle USB NET Link® USB Compact :
NET Link® USB Compact 700-892-MPI21
(I'll order it, if my boss allows...)

Passerelle Ethernet PROFIBUS NETL ink® PRO Compact:
NET Link® PRO Compact 700-884-MPI21

Passerelle Ethernet WLAN NETL ink® WLAN
NET Link® WLAN 700-882-MPI21

Thx^^