No communication with PLC 90-30

jcp

Hi friends;
I use the LM90 software. I have PLC 90-30 from GE Funac. I use the USB to serial converter to communicate the plc.
and i connect the RJ45(6 wire) connector into PLC and at the other end i use 9 pin serial connector then connect to usb to serial cable. I check in device manager its on COM1 19200 odd and stop bit 1. Then i check the LM90 its same. But when i go online and restore the programme i see the message on status bar is NO COMMUNICATION. while serial connector on power supply is not connected to any device.
I also check the SNP id which is Null and set to DIRECT.
I try many times now i a stuck. Please guide me how i estabblished sucessful communication?
when i choose ONLINE is LM90 go automatically to established the communication or any other method?
I am very thankful

Have you ever been able to communicate with this PLC through the 15-pin port on the power supply?

Is this the same CPU 351 system you have been asking about in your other posts? Port 1 on a CPU351 is set up in hardware configuration. Check the configuration file to make sure it is set up the same as the power supply port. Also, remember that LM90 is a DOS program. It may not work with your USB/serial converter. I'm not saying it won't work. I have a USB/serial converter that will establish communications, although it has a tendency to drop the link from time to time.

Hi; Thanks for reply. Sir its my humble request please guide me on GE Funac plc's issues. I am new with that system. I have a Laptop in which no serial port 9 pin and 25 pin. It have only USB ports.
i want to clear that is it possible to communicate with the plc through power supply serial port?
Second i want to clear that where is the hardware configration file resides? and what parameters i need to configure. I mentoned earlier that serial port configration is COM1. 19200,1,ODD and SNPID is null and DIRECT.
the above is hardware configration file or something else?
Its my humble request please guide me if u send me ur email ID i am very GLAD to see become ur student.
God bless u and always live happy.
Regards

YEs you r right but when i try to store the programme it shows message which i post that mismatch plc programme name but after that communication fail. and at the status bar it shows no communication.
Sir steve plz guide me for sucessful communication i am very thankful to you plz
Regards