touch screen protectors

VJTX

Has anyone had success using touch screen protectors? I have some panelview 600 plus to protect. thanks.

Here,

try these. Used them on Siemen's TB177B which is also a 6" setup. Actually, these are spec Lockheed Martin, and available in stainless steel as well.

Hoffman
AWDH1418n4

Don't know what that is but what I am suggesting is the plastic stuff you put on ipods, phones, etc. to protect the screen.

AB makes just that, part number 2711P-RGT6 for a PV+ 600. They come in sets of 3.

Slightly OT, but would it be resistive or capacitive type touch screen that would work with a protective layer?

I may try the ipad protectors, 3 fo $5 on ebay. Thanks for the info on the red lion product.

The plastic covers do little good IMO. It's not like the panels are in your pocket with keys, and anything that is likely to damage the screen is going to basically ignore a dinky plastic layer. Touch screen damage I've seen in the past has been from sources such as screwdrivers, accidental hitting with heavy objects, and being used with a packing tape knife!

We have had a couple of broken screens over the years. I guess the concensus is that the film won't really prevent that. Thanks for all the input.

In our laboratory, I used acetate to protect the screen of out TP 177B touch panel. Acetate is a plastic sheet used in overhead projector.

csg

Does the acetate just self-adhere?
On the NuShield, which product are you using:
NuShield AG™ antiglare film will work well indoors under bright lights to minimize glare. It is very good for general use and offers excellent scratch and solvent resistance. If your application does not show, use NuShield DayVue™ instead.
NuShield AM™ antimicrobial film is an antiglare film designed for hospitals, public kiosks, restaurants and POS terminals where transmission of disease is a primary concern. It does not have the same scratch resistance or optical qualities as antiglare film and should be used only where suppression of microbes and fungi are paramount.
NuShield DayVue™ antireflective film is the best choice for displays that are being used outdoors. It has good scratch resistance combined with greatly improved daylight readable optics over our antiglare film.

I just buy an ordinary acetate. Its not self adhere. I just cut it to the size of the TP 177B and have have it clip and tighten the holder at the black.