FTView SE with PC Ethernet Cards Redundancy

medaadi

Hi all,

i have a Contrologix Redundant System, i wish to have two ethernet cards in the operator PC to enhance the redundancy, so i propose the architecture in the attachement.

questions :
  1. Is FTView SE supporting this configuration?
  2. if yes which IP configuration i will have?

i can't propose redundant controlnet because my client wants TWO NETWORK CARDS in each operator PC.

thanks.

Sans titre.jpg

Yes!!!!

Siemens for example propose CP1613 ethernet cards, which you can put two in your PCI slots, and with S7-Redconnect (WinCC Licence) WinCC will reconize them both of!

but with AB any idea...

Thanks.

Last edited:
I have built a system like this with two network cards in each PC, using Intel Pro/100 dual port cards with "Adapter Teaming" enabled. Each Ethernet port was connected to a separate Ethernet switch network, and the two networks were linked together.

Only one port and one IP address per card remains active at a time. If the link fails for the active port, the other port becomes active and takes over the IP address. There will always be a short interruption in connectivity because the MAC tables inside the Ethernet switches need to be rebuilt.

Hi,

I think you are Ken from RA forums? what is the problem with the forum this days?

ok now about the intel pro card... i'll need a server with windows server or i can install it on a normal pc with windows xp??

Thanks.

I was involved with the RA Forums only as a participating member. I don't know what sort of malfunction has happened there... it's probably part of a migration, as AB.COM and the Knowledgebase have both been moved to new platforms recently.

In my case we were running RSView32 on ordinary Windows XP SP2 computers with the Intel Pro/100 cards. The cards don't require a Server operating system.