Electric schematic software

mattw

About 6 months ago, we purchased a software package to do our electrical schematics. We looked at Autocad Electrical, E-Plan and a new one, Elecworks, that was based on the Solidworks platform.

We ended up going with Elecworks due to the price, but we’ve been having no end of problems. Items will disappear for no reason.

One time this happened, I re-opened one drawing and expanded the cabinet layout tab, I discovered all of the component checkboxes were still checked. I unchecked then rechecked some of the missing components' checkboxes, and they reappeared.

We have had no end of stuff like this happening. Elecworks has issued a whole bunch of patches but the problem remain. So I have two questions:

1) Is anyone else using Elecworks and experiencing similar issues?

2) What experiences have people had with other software?

I’m getting very interested in writing this off and changing, but am a little gun shy about spending the money on another package that has similar issues.