HART communicatin S7 to VEGA

vaclorinc

Hi,
can a have help? I vill reading special data from VEGAPULS to STEP 7 via HART analog modul. Read standards data via universal command is OK. I don't know assembling command of reading the Data Echo curve from radar to any DB in Project Step 7.

Thank you.

Vaclav.

Hi Have you asked Vega technical ? They may have a tech note how to do this

I know that Siemens radar and ultrasonic level devices display echo profiles in Siemens PDM software, which
runs under Simatic Manager. The echo profile data is transferred from the level transmitter to the PC via a
USB or serial HART modem running on a Windows PC.

But I'm not sure whether Siemens will support a competitor's (Vega) device for that degree of functionality in
Siemens' software.

Ohmart Vega has a version of Pactware software for configuration and commissioning of its devices via
HART modem. available here: http://www.ohmartvega.com/en/11893.htm

Siemens provides DTM files for its ultrasonic and radar level instruments so that Pactware can run setups on Siemens instruments, even though Siemens does not provide a version of Pactware (yet).

I've run Siemens setups on Krohne's Pactware (free download, no paid license) via HART modem. The image below is a screen shot of a Siemens ultrasonic transmitter's echo profile displayed in Krohne's Pactware.
2vnnpj8.jpg

E&H requires a paid license to install a Siemens DTM file. I don't know about Vega's Pactware.

It might be that if you want the echo profile, you'll have to run someone's Pactware software to get an echo profile.

I have installing original software PactWare of VEGA and programm is OK. I will sampling all this data to DB on software Step7 and next calculation specific results. I will have echo curve for this procedure. Do you know I how to do specific command to programme Step7 via SFC58 for communation to HART VEGAPULS?
Thank.

I use Siemens field instruments, but I do not use Siemens control hardware or software, so I can't help you with Step 7 stuff.