SLC 150 PCIS Question

Grover

Greetings.

I am updating a SLC-150 program at our plant and I will utilize the few spare I/O pins and internal bits that are left. To accomplish this I am using the DOS-based PCIS program to change the code and I have encountered one problem- how do I add instruction comments? When I am in edit mode, I have access to the Edit Attributes (F9) function, but it only allows me to type and store data to the right side of the displayed colon, and the text doesn't show up on the rungs. When I invoke the F9 funtion on existing instructions with comments, the commented text will appear to the left of the colon. I don't think F9 is the right function, but nothing else in PCIS gets me as close to it.

Any ideas?

Grover

SLC 150 PCIS Software

Dear Grover,
To add a symbol to the address in the SLC100 software you cursor to the element in question, then after writing down or remembering what the address is, you replace the instruction with the same thing (F1=-] [-,F2=-]/[-,F5=-( )-), key in the address, example: 001, the next key you press should be the first character of the symbol(remember, it's limited to 2 lines of 5 characters each) example:LIMIT. DO NOT PRESS THE ENTER KEY (Charage Return)after entering the address!
The software only lets you do this if your replacing an instruction during the program/ developement mode(offline)
Give it a try and good luck. I would have replied sooner but I just found this web site.