Got a pretty neat error in CX-Programmer

Mrkz

Do any of you have any former experience with the CQM1-CPU11 [CPM2A]

Item Code Status Details
01 - 0x00FA - Fatal - IO Unit Over Error
02 - ...... - Fatal - Fatal SFC Error
03 - ...... - Non-Fatal - Remote IO Error

Can anyone assist me here, would be much appriciated.

btw, I'm not that experienced with CX-Programmer - which you'll probably achknowledge.

- Mrkz

Last edited:
I am a bit confused by the CQM1-CPU11 [CPM2A] notation.
These are two different products and have separate Device types in CX-Programmer.

What version CX-Programmer are you using?

Item 1 indicates there are too many I/O connected to the unit.
The CQM1-CPU11 supports 8 I/O words maximum.

What is your physical configuration?

Can you provide the Error Code numbers for the other two errors?

I guess we need more information to be able to help.

I'm having the item 1 problem too. and as gtsuport said, there are too many I/O connected to the unit.

Actually it happens when I connect a 20EDR1 expansion unit to the main CPM1 PLC.
Does anyone know how I can define/add a expansion unit in cx-programmer.
I had a look at the available manuals and I could not find any information.

Thasnks.

Basically no. CX-P does not have a configuration set up for these older PLCs - you just have to know what the limitations of the PLC are.
You cannot add more I/O than the PLC processor supports no matter what.
I have found some ways to add heaps of I/O to a limted I/O version of the CJ series but then you run out of memory.

Bob,

Thanks for your response. Being new to PLC programming I didn't consider the available resources from this point of view :oops:

However, now that I had a look at the data sheets again, I figured out the main PLC I am working with is expandable up to 100 I/O points:
www.omron-pro.ru/doc/automation/cpm1a.pdf

The PLC (CPU) itself, has 30 I/O points and the expansion I am using is CPM1A-20EDR1 which has 20:
http://www.alliedelec.com/images/products/datasheets/bm/OMRON_ELECTRONICS_INC/70178460.pdf

So I'm assuming (I hate doing it!) I can have at least 3 of such expansion units. The PLC I'm working with, has already one expansion unit connected to it and the one I attached is the second. So I'm assuming :mad: the problem is not with the limitation of I/O points.

Having these in mind, could you give help me further on how solve this issue?

The CPU is capable of supporting 128 bits maximum. I am not sure if this means 64 input bits and 64 output bits or not - I have not used these for years - they are obsolete.
The remote I/O error refers to remote I/O. Do you have remote I/O?
I/O over error definately refers to too many I/O for the processor.
I have no idea what SFC error means.
What is the configuration of your PLC?
What cards are in what slots?
Full catalogue numbers essential.

give ODES a ring at Omron - Melbourne he may be able to help you more with this.

iant,to

I called them and as Bob said it is an old PLC and does not support more than one expansion unit. I am thinking of ANDing some sensors and actuators to free up some ports which reduces
some unnecessary controllability.

And if this does not work, I will have to replace the PLC with a new one. Their suggestion was CP1L with 30 I/O.

Thank you for your replies.

Bob is very knowlegable with the Omron Product
I have a fair ammount but I know he knows.
In melbourne Omron Are very helpfull so dont be afraid to ask them either.

Thanks Ian. What you said about Bob was very promising and I am glad I started in a field about which I can get help here.

Actually, I was a bit disappointed with Omron Tech Support today. Apparently they previously confirmed this PLC (CPM1) can support the expansion unit we bought from them and my friend triple-checked it with them! But know that we installed it, they're saying, No, it doesn't!