connecting ifix5.0 to s7/400

mr.new

hello
I am new in ifix.I want to connect ifix and s7.400.evry thing seems ok.i can ping plc IP but i cant red/write tags from plc.my I/O driver is s7a 7.40. help me
thanks

Are you on the same network as the PLC?

Check your firewall settings

When you look at the diagnostics in the S7A powertool are you getting all errors?

first let me ask a question:
in ifix database I filled tag name column and s7a for my driver.i have to fill I\O addr column or not?

Yes you have to fill your I\O addr column.

Example PLC : DB1.DBW 1 where PLC is the name of the device in the S7A Powertool and DB1.DBW 1 is the address of your tag in the PLC. (No spaces between PLC and : or between : and address)

Have you added the driver listed in the SCU?

Have you followed the setup instructions in the S7A help file?

yes i have added the driver in the scu and my set up is correct.
when i want to connect to the plcs I receive this message:
failed to establish conn. to ip addr 192.168.20.1 error -2045

Can you post a screenshot of the S7A configuration, your ifix database and the setup of your PLC CP?

What is the IP address of your iFix station? Can you ping the PLC?

I can ping both plcs and ifix IP is: 192.168.20.101
here is screen of them.
cp.JPG
database.jpgi will fill the addr column but I think that its not the cause of that establish error i said
s7a.jpg

Last edited:
What do you see when you click on diagnostics for each of the PLC's as circled?

Are you PLC's enabled?

Can you go online to the PLC using Simatic Manager from the ifix station?

Untitled.jpg

Last edited:
hello mikey
when i click on circled i can see the statisticand receive successful tags but i cant resd write tags and receive this error
untitled.JPG