Control logix msg instruction to ip address

josesito

I'm trying to program a logic to send a String via MSG to an ip Address Ethernet but I don't have too much experience on RSLx5000. If somebody can help me with practical examples It would be great.

I think you will find you need the EWEB module - do you have one? Or a third party device... what Ethernet interface are you using?

Msg

yes already have a module its a 5202-ascii4 it seems to not be any trouble to program it but my real question are: am need to just send a message to the module ip address?, is there any other config needed to set?
any way Im starting with the first MSG to the ip.

The serial device you mentioned is a ProSoft Technology 5202-DFNT-ASCII4 standalone gateway device.

These modules do not simply process a MSG instruction with a String data-type and send it out another port as ASCII. There is a utility program called "Prosoft Configuration Builder" that allows you to configure what ASCII data is exchanged by the various ports on the module.

Download the Prosoft Configuration Builder and the User Manual and familiarize yourself with them, then you can post specific questions.

Prosoft usually has a good set of example applications but I don't see one specifically for this module.

Can you explain more about what kind of serial data you need to send out of the module ? Is it single-directional or bi-directional ?